An exciting opportunity to join a growing company and North America’s leading supplier of indoor gardens!!
At Hendriks Greenhouses, we are passionate about agriculture. Each day we focus our efforts on quality, service, and innovation. In doing so, our goal is to make a positive impact on the lives of those who share our enthusiasm: our employees, families, and customers.
We will preserve the values of the past and conduct our business with integrity, respect and responsibility while meeting the challenges of sustainability through quality, service and innovation.
We are looking for a full-time shipper to join the fast-paced department
- Pack/load orders properly, to ensure that no damage to the product occurs (boxes are dry, skids are wrapped and skid is marked with the number of boxes circled, loose baskets are secure)
- Prioritize the packing of daily orders according to time restraints, truck routes and customer expectations
- Report any foreseen problems of completing an order properly and on time, immediately, to the Shipping Supervisor and/or Customer Service
- Make sure any items to be received are brought to the attention of the Receiver
- Understand the differences between production sheets and accuracy with every order
- Fill out and keep updated the daily shipping forms (deliveries and pick-ups)
- To represent the Company in a professional, conscientious manner to all customers and delivery personnel, etc.
- To keep the working environment clean
- Other duties as assigned
What we require of you:
- Bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Steel toe safety shoes are required
- Working in the heat
- Successful candidates must have their own reliable transportation
- Willing to work longer hours and Saturdays during our peak periods
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
At Hendriks Greenhouses, we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.