Hidden Bench Estate Winery
Hidden Bench Estate Winery is a small, family owned and operated premium winery situated in Beamsville, Ontario. Our critically acclaimed wines are 100% estate grown, certified organic and are produced with attention to detail from the vineyard to the bottle.
We have a few openings for motivated and focused individuals with a passionate desire in all aspects of retail business at the winery. We are currently hiring only for the season but may have potential to grow and develop within the business.
The ideal candidate will have a sales focus with a can-do attitude. This role will see you in the tasting/retail space on a day to day basis in conjunction with some administrative work, and general retail maintenance. This busy and varied position entails most weekends and holidays.
This role will best suit an individual who thrives in a multi-tasking, high energy environment. You will be working directly with the Retail Manager as well as the Winery Owner.
Based on experience we are hiring for both a tasting room ambassador and wine by the glass/retail sales position.
The following skills would be of benefit and permit you to succeed in this position:
- Lead the curated tasting experience to deliver focused customer service and share our story along with the philosophy on our wines and vineyard
- Serve on the patio for wine by the glass service
- Support of direct to consumer (DTC) sales, including fulfillment of orders, processing to shipping
- Support of bi-yearly wine club releases and subscriptions fulfillment
- Promote the benefits of wine club and subscriptions with customers
- Reviewing and reconciling day-end cash outs
- Support the Wine Club/Subscription coordinator in the execution of bi-annual wine club shipments
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the tasting room, retail shop, patio and all public areas
General Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
- Solid understanding of the Niagara wine region
- Wine Education an asset – WSET or CAPS
- French speaking is an asset
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and mentor others to achieve business goals
- A passion for customer service
- Comfortable with a POS system
- Requires ability to give attention to detail and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Must be available to work weekends
- Smart Serve required
- Ability to lift 35lbs and able to stand for long hours
- Due to the location of the winery, it is required that you have your own transportation
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Please apply with cover letter and resume