A local winery, that is a quality focused premium winery situated in Beamsville Ontario, has an opening for a Vineyard Foreman/Woman.
The successful candidate will report to the Vineyard Manager.
- Tractor operations, which will include spraying, grape hoeing, hedging, mowing, soil cultivation, sowing cover crops and other mechanized operations
- Assisting with supervision of contract workers in the vineyards will also be required on an ongoing basis
- You will also be an integral part of the pruning operations in the winter months
Other responsibilities will include general maintenance around the three vineyards which we own, as well as vehicle maintenance under supervision of the vineyard manager
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented and accurate, with good communication skills and a positive can do attitude.
- We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated, responsible individual
- An individual who can work well in a team scenario, as well as independently
- A person who is willing to learn and who is able to work extended hours when required
This position entails working long hours during the growing season, as well as working outside in cold conditions in the winter months and hot conditions in the summer.
- Must have at least three years of experience in vineyards
- A sound working knowledge of Spanish is preferred
- Basic mechanical skills and preventative maintenance knowledge
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and own transportation are a requirement for the position
- No education required