Jeffery’s Greenhouses Plant II Limited is a greenhouse producer and wholesale distributor of spring bedding, container and potted plants supplying customers throughout Ontario. Our facility located at 2411 Fourth Ave., Jordan Station, consists of approximately 400,000 square feet of poly-covered greenhouse growing space as well 5 acres of outdoor fields.
Jeffery’s is currently seeking a passionate, driven, and hardworking individual to fill the position of Greenhouse Team Leader in production.
The successful Team Leader will be detailed, excel at planning, communication and be motivating. They will enjoy rolling up their sleeves and assisting in getting the labour-intensive jobs done. This role is both full-time and permanent with an expectation to start as soon as possible.
The Team Leader role is responsible for ensuring product quality, customer specifications, efficiency and productivity targets are consistently met on the production line. This role monitors the flow of production including allocating production labour to various greenhouse production jobs. A production Team Leader also supervises and trains production Team Members in accordance with the priorities set by the Production Manager.
- Always maintain a balanced workload with the help and direction of the Production Manager
- Set up the line; ensure the line is adequately supplied with the correct product and labels as indicated by the Production Manager; regularly review to ensure any changes are captured and communicated to workers on the line
- Communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner to all Team Members the duties they are to perform
- Communicate and address variances, quality issues and concerns with the Production Manager; help identify the causes and implement sustainable corrective actions
- Provide training and share knowledge in all work areas, enabling peak performance from all Team Members
- Encourage and motivate staff
- Maintain updated knowledge of procedures and retrain Team Members as necessary
- Utilize ongoing and frequent opportunities to provide constructive feedback to Team Members to recognize excellence and correct any performance deficits
- Provide regular staff and operational updates to Production Manager as required
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 1-3 three years experience in production
- Greenhouse Industry is preferred but willing to consider other industries with similar skill sets
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Team attitude and willingness to seek guidance and collaborate to solve problems daily
- Good problem solving, dispute resolution, time management, and organizational skills
- Able to work in a professional, cooperative, and respectful manner with everyone
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good communication skills
- Strong English skills required; understand, read, write, and speak additional languages (Spanish) are an asset
- Stands or walks on concrete floors up to 8 hours daily (with breaks)
- Light to moderate lifting required (2-15lbs several times/day)
- Operation of machinery as required
Work Environment & Requirements:
- Humid work environment with temperatures that may be hot, cold, or fluctuating
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment
- (Spring) Work Hours: Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, weekends and longer hours are necessary during peak times
- Flexibility to work additional hours as required
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $16.50/hr, subject to increase depending on experience
- Comprehensive group benefit plan includes extended healthcare, dental care, vision care and life insurance as well as employee and family assistance program
- In-Person Interviews; must present proof of full covid-19 vaccine
- Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams for applicants with valid exemptions
- Screening, mask requirements, physical distancing and sanitizing measures in place
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Jeffery’s Greenhouses Plant II Limited values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.
The start date for this full-time permanent position is immediate and will remain open until filled.
Please forward your resume outlining your greenhouse production experience and minimum of 1 to 2 work references to email@example.com