Temporary Shipping Positions are available for the spring shipping season at both our St. Catharines and Jordan Station locations. This is an ideal temporary job for students finishing up university studies.
The start date is somewhat flexible pending college/university exam end dates and weather conditions. Candidates must be flexible due to the ongoing pandemic. At this point looking at approximately six-week contracts starting after exams to the end of May.
Monday through Saturday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm. Must be willing to work past 5:00 pm on some days in order to fulfill customer orders. Must be able to work a couple of possible Sundays in May.
- Loading flats, hanging baskets and containers of plants onto rolling shipping carts from our greenhouse benches and floors
- Laying out product on our greenhouse benches/floors
- Spacing and hanging of potted plants and hanging baskets
- Must be physically fit as job involves considerable walking, standing, bending and lifting throughout the day
- Previous experience in a greenhouse environment is not required but is an asset
Note: Jordan Station location is not on a bus route. Must have reliable transportation as hours will be outside of bus schedule.
Wage Rate: $14.25/ hour
How to apply: Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (905) 934-9044.
If you are passionate about plants and enjoy working in a team setting, we want to hear from you! Please apply with cover letter, resume and at least 1 prior reference ASAP.
Jeffery’s Greenhouses would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected to participate in the interview process will be contacted. Jeffery’s is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.