General Labourers–Dock Crew
Start Date: Immediate
Temporary Dock Crew Positions are available for the spring shipping season at our Jordan Station location. Starting immediately, applicants must have full availability. If you are still in school, please apply to the general shipping crew starting end of April.
Notes: Jordan Station location is not on a bus route. Must have reliable transportation. Dock crew must wear approved steel toed safety shoes (with green CSA triangle).
Start Date: Approximately two-month contract starting now to the end of May with potential extension into June pending weather and other factors.
Hours: Monday through Saturday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm. Must be willing to work past 5:00 pm on some days in order to fulfill customer orders as well as couple of possible Sundays in May.
- The main objective of the dock crew is to load trucks with spring product. This includes tasks such as; regular pushing and pulling of heavy carts loaded with product, organizing product in warehouse in proper order prior to loading, using a machine to shrink wrap each rack
- Additional tasks could include; removing empty racks off truck, building racks and cleaning dock area when needed
- Dock crew could also be asked to join shipping crew in greenhouse to pull product
- Dock crew work until trucks are loaded and ready to depart the facility
- Must be physically fit as job involves considerable pushing, pulling, walking, standing, bending and lifting throughout the day
- Previous experience in a greenhouse environment is not required but is an asset
How to apply:
Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (905) 934-9044
*When you apply, please verify which position and location you are applying to
If you are passionate about plants and enjoy working in a team setting, we want to hear from you! Please apply with cover letter, resume and at least 1 prior reference ASAP.
Jeffery’s Greenhouses would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected to participate in the interview process will be contacted. Jeffery’s is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.