Two Month Contract
Jeffery’s Greenhouses Inc., a grower and wholesale distributor of bedding plants, is now hiring for our 1036 Lakeshore Rd W., St. Catharines ON location. With an ASAP start date in April, we are actively looking for a temporary Sales & Administrative Assistant. This seasonal role for the months of May and June provides customer service by maintaining good relationships with the customers, staff and performing sales administrative duties for the Sales Manager.
- Organize and process customer orders for distribution of product
- Analyzing sales reports to assist in determining shipping needs & ensuring correct pricing and SKU data is current for order entry
- Perform all aspects of customer service including communication with customers, ensuring advertising dates and delivery schedules are met
- Coordinate deliveries with shipping department
- Printing labels/UPC’s, invoicing and filing
- Collect and analyze competitive retail pricing reports and review with Sales Manager
- Assist Sales Manager with other projects such as create/write future orders, special event planning and keeping a photo library for advertising
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel and Outlook
- Detail oriented
- Excellent oral & written communication
- Working in a team environment
- Administrative background with a business focus
- Excellent numerical skills
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Able to work weekends and be flexible with hours during peak season (Apr/May)
- Some flexibility is available for qualified candidates finishing up their education
- Experience in the greenhouse industry is an asset
As of April 20/2022, farms are still under mask and Covid protocol mandates
Jeffery’s is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.
Jeffery’s offers a negotiable hourly wage pending experience and skill set being offered. The schedule will be Mon-Friday (an average of 40 hours/week) with increased hours (weekends and holidays) being required during peak season (the month of May). Some initial flexibility is available for co-op or soon to be graduated candidates.
We're looking for a star candidate who is absolutely passionate about providing quality service to our customers.
If you’re not afraid of hard work and want to help serve our customers with your administrative talents, then send a resume with cover letter and references to the attention of Human Resources: via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled.