A local foundry in Grimsby is seeking a full time Chipper/Grinder to join their team.
This is a highly physical position, within a hot metal casting environment.
Willing to train the right candidate. This position has the potential to graduate into another role.
- Daily grinding priorities as advised by Plant Manager/Foreman
- Hammer off flashing from castings
- Clean remaining flashing with grinding tools
- Monitors for casting problems and deficiencies
- Notifies Plant Manager/Foreman of defective castings
- Maintenance of work area before shift ends
- Observe all health and safety policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as required
- Able to do physical work; heavy lifting
- Able to work in a hot, dusty, dirty metal casting environment
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to learn
- Safety boots; must have metatarsal protection
- Must have own transportation
- Employer willing to train
- Health & Safety certificate, an asset