Lincoln Chamber of Commerce
The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce is currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Director.
The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, membership-driven organization which supports and represents over 200 local businesses, civic organizations and tourism-based businesses in the Town of Lincoln. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional and career-minded individual seeking a challenging opportunity to learn and grow with our Chamber.
As the lead staff person for the organization, the Executive Director is responsible for developing and maintaining the day-to-day operations of the Chamber office and building strong relationships between our membership, the business community, elected officials, and service organizations in Lincoln.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will be a well-rounded business professional eager to take on a wide range of tasks, projects and deadlines and be responsible for performing all duties necessary to keep the Chamber a vibrant, relevant and engaged presence within our local and regional business community.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform all bookkeeping tasks including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, government remittances, monthly and annual reconciliations, project-specific budgets, identify/submit funding applications, and prepare monthly detailed financial reports
Membership & Community Engagement:
- Develop, plan, execute, and attend a variety of membership engagement events designed to further the strategic goals of the Chamber
- Build and maintain relationships with elected officials & key personnel at all levels of government to effectively advocate on behalf of members
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with tourism and community organizations
- Connect with members, create opportunities for engagement, and build, facilitate & maintain relationships with and between members through strong communication & resource delivery
- Actively promote community awareness of the Chamber’s mission and goals
Communications, Sales & Marketing:
- Update website as needed
- Create, implement and oversee member paid advertising programs
- Develop, implement and manage marketing campaigns to sell Chamber memberships
- Solicit sponsorships and sales of ticketed event registrations to current members
- Develop programs and services that work towards the mission, within the policy guidelines set by the Board
- Follow up on action items identified at Board and Committee meetings
- Manage all communications and social media activities of the Chamber
Administration & Leadership:
- Identify, explore and execute opportunities that forward the Chamber’s mission and vision
- Oversee and maintain all office and administrative duties
- Prepare, develop content, and participate in monthly Board of Director meetings
- Recruit committee members for a wide range of short and long term initiatives, plan and facilitate meetings as needed
- Recruit, hire, train, delegate, supervise, evaluate, and discharge Chamber staff
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years Office Management experience
- Preferred Post-Secondary Degree in business administration and management or related field
- Previous Accounting experience and knowledge of Quickbooks is an asset
- Strong office technology skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Constant Contact and Zoom
- Experienced user of Social Media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Previous experience working in a non-profit environment and reporting to a Board of Directors
- Detail oriented, with strong organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills
- Proven ability to plan, supervise and coordinate the work of others
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
- Eager self-starter with a professional appearance, phone manner, and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Candidates wishing to submit their application are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to:
Applications will be accepted until Monday January 18, 2021 at 12:00pm.
The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce and its Board of Directors would like to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday