Lincoln Chamber of Commerce
The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, membership-driven organization which supports and represents over 260 local businesses & community organizations in the Town of Lincoln and surrounding area.
We are seeking a detailed oriented self-starter to provide event, marketing and administrative support to increase membership engagement and promotion.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working either remotely or out of our office in Beamsville Ontario, this support role will assist with planning a large event, developing sales, marketing & communication initiatives, database management, website updates, event support and day-to-day administrative duties as required.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Event Planning & Support for major golf tournament
- Research local trade & industry
- Communicate directly with members
- Develop media & communications materials and print advertising
- Website maintenance and content updates (WordPress)
- Administrative duties including data entry, mailings, etc.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Must be comfortable working in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher) and WordPress; Graphic design experience an asset
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Participation in or completion of a post-secondary education program focused on Business Administration, Sales & Marketing, PR/Communications, or related discipline would be an asset
- Must be between the ages of 15-30
This is a temporary position for 8 weeks, 35 hours/week.
This position is being offered as part of the Canada Summer Jobs initiative. This program provides wage subsidies to employers to enable them to provide quality work experiences for youth and provide opportunities for youth to develop and improve their skills.
To be eligible for a position that is funded by Canada Summer Jobs, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age, a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee and be legally entitled to work in the employer’s jurisdiction.
2020 CSJ-funded youth participants will be asked to complete a survey prior to the end of the work placement.