Summer Program Assistant- #5721 -ST
Lincoln Public Library
The Lincoln Public Library invites applications for the position of two (2) Summer Program Assistants from June through August. This position would require individuals to assist in planning, executing and promoting all summer programs for youth.
- Assist with the organization of the TD Summer Reading Club (TDSRC) using both print and electronic resources
- Assist in executing weekly summer programs at both the Fleming Branch and the Moses F. Rittenhouse Branch
- Assist with the promotion and marketing of all Lincoln Public Library summer activities for youth to schools and other community organizations
- Assist with the recruitment and operation of a young adult volunteer program
- Assist in the planning of the TDSRC wrap-up party in August
- Assist with other library related tasks as required
- Related work or volunteer experience with children and a keen interest in working with youth
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of employment
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Experience with program delivery an asset
- Demonstrated ability with a variety of computer applications as well as the Internet
- Skills in art, music or drama considered an asset
- Good time management and communication skills
The position would commence June 10. Hours: 35 hours per week; evening and Saturday shifts may be required.
The selected employees will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment if over 18 and have a reliable method of transportation to travel between branches.
Apply in writing by 5:00 pm on May 24, 2019 to:
Julie Andrews, CEO
Lincoln Public Library, 5020 Serena Drive Box 460 Beamsville, ON L0R 1B0
We thank all applicants that apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.