Housekeeper – #4730 -L
Maplecrest Village Retirement Residence
Maplecrest Village Retirement Residence in Grimsby is actively seeking a Housekeeper. Reporting to the Director of Environmental Services, the Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all Residents’ apartments and common areas.
- To clean areas according to assigned schedules using appropriate cleaning and sanitation methods and procedures
- To clean Residents' apartments and common areas, including furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents and windows
- To operate floor care machines and steam cleaning equipment
- To strip, scrub, spray, and buff all carpet and non-carpet floor surfaces
- To pick up garbage and transport to designated areas
- To adhere to established residence policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices
- To prepare documentation as required according to residence policy
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct
- To complete all other tasks as assigned
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to provide feedback on a day-to-day basis
- Knowledge and experience with standard institutional cleaning techniques
- Previous experience in commercial/residential/Healthcare cleaning and laundry procedures is desirable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Must be available for both day and night shifts, weekdays, holidays and weekends.
Hours range from 12-40 bi-weekly.
Please respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly Mon-Fri 8am-4pm at 905-945-7044 and ask for Joe Burns.