In this position you are a member of the conversion/changeover crew. Duties required converting the facility from hockey mode, to concert, basketball, or other event modes (and back). Responsible for any event oriented preparation/setup required for shows or sporting events to run safely and efficiently, other duties as assigned.
- Lay down ice decking
- Installing basketball court as needed
- Remove rink glass and dasher boards for event set-up as needed
- Set up and tear down folding chairs, staging and risers as needed
- Reinstall arena glass before returning to hockey setup
- Reinstall dasher board exits as needed
- Must wear CSA approved hockey helmet any time walking on the ice surface
- Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep of department equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Any labour experience is an asset
- MUST have CSA approved steel toe work boots
- Ability to do heavy lifting and carry up to 75 pounds
- Demonstrate familiarity with tools and maintenance equipment
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member
- Ability to work varied schedule including evenings, overnights and weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and the employee may be required to lift and or move up to 75 pounds. Work requires utilizing tools and equipment that could cause physical injury if not handled and operated following safety practices and procedures. Required to follow WHMIS and provincial Health and Safety requirements.
Due to the nature of our business candidates will need to be able to work flexible hours; primarily evenings, weekends and occasional holidays. In addition there will be work required during normal business hours. SMG is an Equal Opportunity employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and other protected groups to apply. SMG acknowledges any accommodations required by qualified applicants until the point of undue hardship.