Mini Retreat Childcare Inc.
A local child care centre is seeking a full time RECE to work with children ages 1-4.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing,walking, bending, crouching, kneeling, and lifting.
Work Site Environment: Indoors/Outdoors, Noisy, Non-smoking, Air conditioned
- Plan and develop child care curriculum plans
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music
- Assess the developmental level of children
- Supervise trainees or volunteers
- Assist in maintaining records of children
- Maintain day care supplies and equipment
- Light cleaning duties
- Must be registered with college of Early Childhood Educators (RECE)
- Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree
- Knowledge of Child Care, Early Years Act (CCEYA), Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Leadership skills, Interpersonal skills
- Education: Completion of high school, Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate, First Aid Certificate Level C
- Speak English, Read English, Write English
- Security and Safety: Vulnerable Sector Check, Updated Immunization records
- Own transportation
- Essential Skills: Reading text, Document use, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory, Finding information, Computer use, Continuous learning
- Experience an asset
Only successful applicants (meeting the specified skills and qualifications) will be contacted for an interview.