Established in 1945, Moyer Diebel Limited is the undisputed leader in dishwashing and glass-washing industry and we are seeking full- time workers for our manufacturing facility in Jordan Station, Ontario. Currently, we are looking for General Labourers for our Assembly Department.
The ideal candidate will be a hands on individual who is comfortable using hand tools and air tools.
- Starting off as a General Labourer to gain advancement to an Assembler Mechanic position
- Assist in all areas of operations such as Sub-assembly, wiring, building and testing/troubleshooting
- Read schematics and follow assembly instructions/samples
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Ability to work shifts, may be required to work weekly rotating shift; days and afternoons
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Post-secondary education preferred
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience using hand tools and air tools
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Work well independently and a as a team member
- Fluency in English
- Specific Skills: Knowledge of appliance assembly, hand tools and electrical wiring
Salary and Benefits:
- Start: $18/hr (for the probation period – 720 hours)
- Pay range: $21.85-$26.34/hr.
- 42.5 hours per week as per unionized collective agreement
- Group insurance benefits after successful completion of probationary period
- Pension plan benefits, six months after continuous employment
- Location: Jordan Station, Ontario
- Weight Handling: Up to 23kg (50lbs)
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent, Full Time, Shift Work
- Own tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety shoes or boots, Safety glasses
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Repetitive tasks, manual dexterity, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination, and standing for extended periods
- Transportation/Travel information: Own transportation, public transit is not available
- Essential Skills: Reading text, numeracy, writing, oral communication, working well with others, problem solving, job planning and organizing
Moyer Diebel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform us of any accommodations that you require. Moyer Diebel will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to participate.