National Life Safety Group
ABOUT NATIONAL LIFE SAFETY GROUP
Based in Toronto and the Niagara Region, National Life Safety Group is a trusted fire & Emergency management consulting firm for the public and private sectors.
With a focus on integrating fire, safety, security, and emergency management for facilities throughout Canada and internationally, NLS Group provides an array professional consulting services and related education and training that protects organizations, including their employees, operations, and corporate reputations.
For more information about NLS Group visit: https://www.nationallifesafetygroup.ca/
National Life Safety Group is experiencing significant growth and we’re looking for an Administrative Assistant who is a self-motivated, problem-solver, great with deadlines, committed to supporting clients, and is looking for a fun and supportive team to work their magic with.
Master experience in working with Microsoft Office applications is needed, with strong communication skills (verbal and written) are very important and finally the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, will be crucial for success in this role.
The position will be remote, work from home.
- Report to the Manager, Special Projects
- Assist managers and consultants with their daily tasks
- Arrange/attend telephone/virtual Meetings
- Maintain filing systems, project files, etc
- Respond to and resolve administrative inquiries and questions
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, and appointments, as required
- Responsible for the NLSG online training programs, content, material and maintain an accurate student database
- Assist in the preparation and review of reports or special projects
- Develop and post social media content on several platforms
- Other duties assigned
This job posting is not exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an Administrative Assistant will be asked to perform from time to time. This list is only a sample; an Administrative Assistant may be required to perform other duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills
- Master Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe products
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as record-keeping and filing
- Ability to work independently
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary institution, preferred
- Three years of experience in an administrative role, preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- A car or reliable transportation will be required on occasion
Remote Work Available: Yes
- Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary with room for growth
- Regular performance and salary reviews
Wage and Compensation:
- $18.00/hour, starting rate
- $19.00/hour, upon successful completion of 90-day probationary period
- 50% of Home Phone/Internet costs reimbursed monthly
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter to: Solutions@nationallifesafetygroup.ca outlining their skills and qualifications by Monday, December 13th, 2021 at 5pm. ONLY PDF documents will be accepted.
Should applicants have any questions throughout the application process or require an accommodation, please contact Jason Reid, Senior Advisor, Fire, Safety & Emergency Management.
National Life Safety Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Senior Advisor to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.