Country Inn & Suites
Country Inns and Suites is looking to fill the role of Executive Housekeeper.
The Executive Housekeeper gives leadership to all aspects of the Housekeeping Department including operational and administrative details. Creating an engaging work environment for colleagues is as important as creating memorable experiences for our guests. Your leadership skills and the values you model as Executive Housekeeper will inspire your team to ensure an exceptional in-room guest experience and create an enjoyable work environment.
- Lead our housekeeping team of 10 to 20 staff depending on the season
- Create systems and processes to organize the department
- Actively involved in the recruitment, interviewing, and on-boarding of new housekeeping staff
- Oversee the operation to ensure cleanliness and maintenance of all guest rooms and public areas within the hotel
- Handle guest feedback and following through on action taken
- Work with Front Desk and Maintenance to coordinate guest service and resolve issues promptly
- Ensure high morale and productivity levels through planning, recruiting, training and developing and on-going communication
- Oversee general office administration including payroll, scheduling, lost and found, ordering supplies and inventory control, including uniforms
- Monitor labour costs, expenses, and preparation of monthly reports
- Ensure a safe work environment is always maintained and that all employees are committed to working safely
- Ensure that all WSIB Claims are reported to the Human Resources Manager, handled promptly, and effectively and manage the Return to Work program
- Foster an environment of open communication and creative problem solving
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Housekeeping leadership position with proven training and team building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills - sets the example for "team"
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail - standards oriented
- Physically able to stand and walk for the duration of the day as well as able to kneel, push, pull, and lift
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Highly organized, results-oriented, able to make decisions and empower employees
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays
We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Country Inns and Suites is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Country Inns and Suites believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential.
We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.