Medical Assistant/Retail Associate – #7735 – S
Niagara Foot Care Clinic and Orthotic Centre
Are you looking to join a busy clinic that offers great community and a stress free work environment? Are you interested in growing with our expanding clinic?
Quote from our recent staff survey, “I feel grateful to love coming to work everyday and truly enjoy my work family”.
Our busy and growing Podiatric Medical practice of 22 years is seeking a Full-time Medical Assistant/Retail associate to join our team. Primary position will be footwear retail as a part of our orthopaedic division with other opportunities in the clinic.
We are well established and take pride in providing the highest standards of Podiatric medicine and care for our patients.
- Maintaining inventory, shipping and receiving
- Ordering products
- Scheduling patients
- Handling insurance claims and preparing estimates
- Follow guidelines and procedures in place
- Collecting payments, posting insurance cheques
- Encourage patients to take business cards and ask them for referrals
- Populating medical consultation letters and referrals
- Triage patients
- Infection control including sterilizing medical equipment (training provided)
- Ordering medical supplies
- Medical compression stocking fitter, CPR, First aid and WHMIS training provided
- Retail experience preferably in footwear
- A background in human kinetics and anatomy is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers
- Experience with understanding retail operation concepts such as maintaining to store standards, cash handling, and merchandise presentation
- Self-starter and uses good judgement in all situations
- Excellent presentation skills in a retail environment
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate and friendly
- Ability to understand the needs of the customer
- Ability to build buy-in to an idea, a decision, an action, a product, or a service
- An interest in working within a fun work environment
- An interest in learning walking and running gait analysis
- An interest in learning lower extremity anatomy and common foot ailments
- Must be able to work some evenings. Our clinic is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays until 7 pm, however other days until 4 and 5 pm.