Niagara Pallet in Smithville requires a Chop Saw/Trim Saw Operator to efficiently and safely cut wood pieces into the appropriate sizes as directed by supervisor in order to meet customer requirements.
- Cut wood to specified measurements using the saw in a safe and alert manner
- Place wood pieces in bins organizing them according to size
- Inform supervisor if there are any problems and or malfunctions with the machinery
- Perform daily safety checks of the machinery as specified in the work instructions
- Inform supervisor if there is a lack of materials or supplies needed to operate the trim/chop Saw
- Use common sense and safety precautions at all times while using machinery and while on the premises
- Be flexible to move into other work cells if needed
- Previous industry or manufacturing experience
- Any machine operation, preferably saw operation would be an asset
- No educational requirements
This position is an ongoing base budgeted position.
- Continuous change throughout the day is to be expected in order to meet the demands of the customers. The working environment can be extremely hot, cold, dry or wet dependent upon the seasons. Also can be very noisy, dirty and dusty. All of these conditions could be present everyday with the exception of the seasonal climates.
Schedule for Evaluation:
- Evaluations of employees will be performed prior to the completion of the first three months of employment and annually thereafter