Niagara Pallet in Smithville requires both DZ & AZ Drivers to transport products to customers and remove pallets or other material from customer locations or other areas as specified by supervisor.
- Complete a pre-trip inspection of vehicle(s)
- Ensure paperwork is completed completely and accurately
- Ensure vehicle(s) are in safe working condition before leaving the yard
- Report any defects to the Dispatch Supervisor immediately. You will be required to do several inspections throughout the day as you switch trailers
- By the direction of the Dispatch Supervisor, transport and deliver products to customer locations
- Pick up material from customers/suppliers
- Obey all traffic laws; Comply with customer or supplier Health and Safety policies and procedures while on their property
- Loading/ unloading of pallets may take on different forms. Pallets may be loaded off a dock with a fork lift or hand jack, from the ground with the assistance of a forklift, or by hand lifted and stacked on the truck, etc
- Ensure load is secure and will not shift during transport. Ensure that they are secured in accordance with all Ministry of Transportation Guidelines
- Ensure bill of ladings are signed, dated and returned to the office immediately following your return
- Ensure Pick up slips are signed, dated and a copy is left in the trailer with the load or given to Niagara Pallet’s receiver
- Obtain any MDS sheets that are available concerning the materials that were packaged on the pallets. Ensure the supervisor onsite at Niagara Pallet and Recyclers is provided with all MDS sheets collected at the time of delivery
- Maintain a log. Ensure that it is accurate and up to date at all times and available to be surrendered to MTO as required
- Refuel the truck at the end of each day. Keep a record of the kilometers traveled and the liters used each day
- Perform a post trip inspection of your vehicle; Report any defects immediately to the Dispatch Supervisor / Maintenance Manager
- Maintain a service log of your truck and notify the Dispatch Supervisor / Maintenance Manager when regular maintenance is required
- Use common sense and safety precautions at all times while operating equipment
- Maintain a clean truck
- Previous pallet industry experience an asset
- Truck driving licence AZ/DZ for a minimum of 3 years and proven driving experience required
- No educational requirements
This is a permanent Full time position. The nature of the trucking industry makes it impossible to set a firm schedule. The expectation of this position is to work 40 to 50 hours each week. However, it is expected that you will be available to work, without notice, Monday to Friday between 6am and 7pm as needed.
Continuous change throughout the day is to be expected in order to meet the demands of the customers. The working environment would depend upon pallet removal locations and the seasons.
Schedule for Evaluation:
Evaluations of employees will be performed prior to the completion of the first three months of employment and annually thereafter.