A Band Saw Operator is required to efficiently and safely dismantle pallets by using the Band Saw to detach the layers of wood.
- Dismantle pallets using the Band Saw
- Place wood pieces on the conveyor to supply wood to the next work cell
- Replace or set Band Saw when it breaks or comes off of the wheel
- Inform supervisor if there is a lack of materials or supplies needed to operate the Band Saw
- Use common sense and safety precautions at all times while using machinery and while on the premises
- Be flexible to move into other work cells if needed
- Previous industry or manufacturing experience
- Any machine operation, preferably saw operation would an asset
- No educational requirements
This position is an ongoing base budgeted position.
- Continuous change throughout the day is to be expected in order to meet the demands of the customers. The working environment can be extremely hot, cold, dry or wet dependent upon the seasons. Also can be very noisy, dirty and dusty. All of these conditions could be present everyday with the exception of the seasonal climates
Schedule for Evaluation:
- Evaluations of employees will be performed prior to the completion of the first three months of employment and annually thereafter