General Labourers required to quickly, efficiently and safely sort and stack all resalable or re-workable wood brought in by trucks in order of size to maintain an organized inventory and to ensure meeting customer demands.
- Sort and stack wood according to size in an orderly fashion on a pallet so that the forklift operator can move the stack once it is complete
- Discard of unusable wood in the burn bin
- Sort pallets as they come into the yard
- Sort repairable pallets in order of size, stacking the pallets accordingly
- Sort non-repairable pallets into “strippers” and garbage
- Track pallets sorted by source and size and submit data to logistic supervisor
- Inform supervisor if there is a lack of materials or supplies to be sorted
- To use common sense and safety precautions at all times while on the premises
- Flexible to move into other work cells if needed
- Previous industry or manufacturing experience
- Any general labour position or previous heavy working conditions experience
- No educational requirements; Grade 12 preferred
Position Type: This position is an ongoing base budgeted position.
Continuous change throughout the day is to be expected in order to meet the demands of the customers. The working environment can be extremely hot, cold, dry or wet dependent upon the seasons. It also can be very noisy, dirty and dusty. All of these conditions could be present everyday with the exception of the seasonal climates.
Schedule for Evaluation:
Evaluations of employees will be performed prior to the completion of the first three months of employment and annually thereafter.