Program Associate – Education #7999 – A
Niagara Peninsula Conservation
Summary of Duties
As part of the Conservation Area Programs and Services team, this role is responsible for educational and recreational program delivery, special events and other activities as assigned. Duties may include delivering educational and recreational programming to children, youth and adults, as well as providing guided hikes and tours of historical buildings to park visitors. This role is responsible for providing exceptional delivery of educational material and curriculum content, and excellent customer service to customers/patrons/students, as well as ensuring the safety of program participants.
Duties and Responsibilities
(a) Assist in the planning and delivery of the day camp programming
(b) Learn, research and deliver educational programs, field trips, guided tours and hikes, and special events on natural and cultural heritage and conservation
(c) Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of heritage buildings and program assets, including building interiors, gardens, artifacts and demonstration materials
(d) Assist in the set-up and take-down of programs and teaching areas, and events
(e) Provide general oversight of visitor activity, ensuring safety of customers and conservation area grounds and trails
(f) Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors, promoting good public relations and an enjoyable customer and participant experience
(g) Assist in the general operation of the Conservation Area
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
• Experience delivering educational and/or recreational programming to children, youth and/or adults
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to resolve challenging customer situations
• Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check
• Valid CPR & First Aid an asset
• Valid High Five: Principles of Health Childhood Development Certification an asset
Applicants will be assigned to one location but may be asked to work at any of the locations listed below. Please indicate your location preference(s) as part of your application.
Salary: $17.50-$18.00/hour up to 35 hrs/week
• Ball’s Falls Conservation Area
• Binbrook Conservation Area (Hamilton)
• Chippawa Creek Conservation Area
• Long Beach Conservation Area
• St. Johns Valley Centre
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace.
We can provide accommodation for a disability in all employment activities, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.