A growing company that does work in the Niagara Region and Burlington is seeking full time labourers for an immediate start.
The labourer is responsible for basic construction at the job site, undertaking tasks involving physical labour at a variety of commercial and residential sites. The labourer may operate hand and power tools of all types within the scope of non-trades related work, will clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, clean up rubble and debris, and generally assist other Tradespeople as assigned. Work assigned can range from tasks requiring unskilled labour to work requiring semi-skilled labour.
Work will take place in a wide variety of environments, including, but not limited to outdoors and indoors, hot and cold, dry and wet and with varying degrees of lifting, carrying, bending, kneeling, reaching, balancing, crawling and other frequent motions. As such, the position requires a great deal of physical fitness. The changing environments require a high commitment to safety, ability to perform continuous hazard evaluation and mental alertness.
Time is split between various divisions as directed. Position involves regular interruptions, daily deadlines, regular exposure to outdoor elements; possible exposure to hazards; and may involve occasional overtime.
- Assist skilled craftspeople in the performance of approved work scope
- Operates small tools, gas, air, and electric powered equipment, and similar equipment, plus basic carpentry hand tools to install, repair, replace and perform basic restoration and/or maintenance services as directed
- Perform a variety of activities involving mild, medium, and/or heavy physical labour, including varying degrees of lifting, carrying, bending, kneeling, reaching, balancing, crawling and other frequent motions
- Performs housekeeping duties on sites
- Follows safe work and quality policies and procedures in the delegation of work assignments
- Performs other duties as assigned by the site supervisor, supervisor or manager
- Completes any required training courses as required, and adheres to all health and safety regulations
- Minimum high school diploma
- Preference for additional basic construction training and construction safety training courses
- Valid driver’s licence
- Ability to read schematics and drawings an asset
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Excellent ability to follow directions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work with confines of legislative and other requirements
- Working knowledge of materials used in electrical, plumbing, HVAC and sheet metal fabrication
- Working knowledge of construction methods, practices and processes
- Excellent knowledge of proper operation and maintenance of tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills