Marketing Coordinator – #4817 – A
Employment Help Centre
The Employment Help Centre is seeking a part-time Marketing Coordinator, 28 hours/week, on contract until March 31, 2019. The Marketing Coordinator will market services by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns’; producing print and interactive collateral; tracking effectiveness; maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings and trade shows; maintaining databases; and preparing reports. The Marketing Coordinator will also be responsible for graphic design, marketing/advertising initiatives, overseeing and supporting Social Media Committee and related activities.
Work is performed in accordance with the policies established by the Board of Directors, under the supervision of the Executive Director and in close contact with the rest of the staff to provide professional services to the clientele of the Employment Help Centre.
- Design, develop and write communications materials, including newspaper advertisements, posters, flyers, brochures, forms, documents and PowerPoint presentations.
- Prepare final layout and design of advertising materials in accordance with EHC style guide.
- Ensure print collateral adheres to Employment Ontario Visual Guidelines.
- Work effectively within set budget.
- Develop website strategic landing pages; add new pages and features with specific responsibility for graphic design and layout.
- Coordinate, research, write, edit and publish relative content to the website.
- Ensure proper grammar, editorial consistency, on–brand messaging, follow the EHC style guide web writing best practices are implemented in all content.
- Monitor and analyze Google Analytics reports on website visits, use, etc.
- Integrate and monitor online advertising, including email marketing, web banners, affiliate marketing and digital marketing campaigns.
- Investigate, develop, design and launch new digital initiatives, including all Social Media Outlets.
- Develop strategies to improve and increase online community engagement.
- Maintain current knowledge of digital and social media trends and news.
- Participate in special events and training programs.
- Remain current on: labour market trends, job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information.
- Liaise with external agencies to facilitate referrals and promote EHC services.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Degree or diploma in communications, marketing, media or equivalent related experience.
- Strong computer skills; excellent working knowledge of the Internet; Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop.
- Strong experience in various Social Media outlets for the purpose of reach out.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in similar/related position.
- Strong background in web layout, design and desktop publishing.
- Experience in graphic design.
- Experience marketing programs & services by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Knowledge of web usability, accessibility standards and search engine optimization.
- Understand print and digital colour environments and requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excels at visual communications; and is both creative and analytical with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to undertake continuous improvement in work processes.
- A valid driver’s licence; be insured for employment travel; and have access to reliable transportation.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining their qualifications no later than June 8, 2018 @ 12:00PM.
Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.