NRB Modular Solutions
Join our NRB Modular Solutions team, where our people are driven by a desire to innovate, do social good, and move construction forward.
As a Carpenter’s Helper, reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will assist tradespersons in the construction of modular structures made of wood, wood substitutes, steel and other materials. Based in our Grimsby manufacturing plant, hours of work for this position are Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Hours may change based on production schedules.
- Assembly of basic carpentry elements with supervision
- Install sheets of drywall to interior and insulate; measuring, cutting, shaping, assembling and joining moldings, wood materials, drywall and plastic materials
- Working with both steel and wood construction
- Framing work includes the general layout and construction of walls and building
- Working safely, abiding by all legislative and company HSE policies
- Work requires some knowledge of the construction/manufacturing industry
- Minimum of 6 months basic carpentry experience and/or experience working on construction sites
- Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade
- Experience working on construction sites is an asset
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to learn under a Journeyperson
- Award winning safety culture
- Work indoors year-round
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request