Established in 1992, our team of trusted professionals strives to accomplish the best outcome for every single one of our clients, every time. With over 20 years of experience, we stand firmly behind our work and take immense pride in all of our projects, both big and small. Our focus and client dedication can be seen throughout decades of Oakridge Landscape Contractors award winning residential and commercial projects.
Reporting directly to the Company President the Equipment and Yard Superintendent will be responsible for the seamless and smooth operation of Vehicle and Equipment Management (Drivers, Operators and Scheduling), Soil Management, Tool & Yard Management, Snow Supervision and Bulk Sales. The Superintendent will be knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and have experience in conducting equipment and vehicle inspections.
- Completion of daily reports and manage MTO paperwork
- Participating in the purchase of vehicles and equipment, provide recommendations
- Knowledge of all local transportation laws, rules and regulations and keeping up to date with applicable legislation
- Ensure all employees, contractors and sub contractors are adhering to safety policies and regulations
- Conducting Driver and Equipment Operator Safety Orientation specific to G, DZ, AZ drivers and equipment operators
- Manage and direct drivers, shop, yard and soil production staff
- Manage and schedule the distribution and return of all tools and materials and develop control systems for all copany projects
- Report any damaged, lost, or stolen tools or equipment. Keep an updated inventory of equipment
- Schedule in-house deliveries and order materials
- Knowledge of fleet operations, policies and procedures, including the operation and maintenance of various types of motorized equipment
- The ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with fellow staff, clients, sub trades, vendors, etc.
- Ability to follow company principles and policies
- Ability to budget accordingly
- Knowledge of collecting and analyzing data
- Recognize and follow occupational hazards and standard safety precautions
- Knowledge of tool crib management
- Valid drivers licence with a good drivers abstract
- A-Z or D-Z Licence is an asset
- A strong understanding of safe and proper use of construction equipment
- Knowledge of all local transportation laws, rules and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- GPS tracking software
- First aid training
Oakridge Landscape is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact via email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.