Lawn Maintenance Labourer – #4877 – ST
Established in 1992, our team of trusted professionals strives to accomplish the best outcome for every single one of our clients, every time. With over 20 years of experience, we stand firmly behind our work and take immense pride in all of our projects, both big and small. Our focus and client dedication can be seen throughout decades of Oakridge Landscape Contractors award winning residential and commercial projects.
This job is in partnership with the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible for this position the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 15-30
- Must have been registered as a full time student in the previous academic year
- Must be returning to full time studies in September 2018
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person whom refugee protection has been conferred
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Co-op student will assist in various construction projects and will gain experience in different areas.
- Good command of the English Language, verbal and written
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a valid drivers license G license
- Must maintain a clean drivers abstract
- Ability to read landscape blue prints
- Knowledge of elevations (grading), Ability to use a laser level and transit +
- General knowledge or recognition of hard landscape materials. i.e. paving stone, precast wall, etc.
- General knowledge or recognition of proper planting techniques as well as some plant identification
- Knowledge on the use of various tools and equipment.
- Strong ability managing snow removal projects and a willingness to work hours associated with it
- Knowledge of job safety and safe work habits
Oakridge Landscape is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please contact via email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.