Original Foods Ltd
Do you appreciate cleanliness and order? Do you take pride in your attention to detail? Are you organized and good at sticking to timelines?
The Company: Original Foods Ltd., the company responsible for bringing you some of your favourite childhood treats, has been in business since 1947 and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
The Position: We’re looking for Sanitation Technicians.
We offer an opportunity to learn more about the wonderful world of confectionary, syrups, beverages and baking ingredients and see how some of your favourite products are made. We also offer an exciting, faced paced learning environment, where you will have the opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge and skills.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all production equipment
- Follow the sanitation schedule for cleaning and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Follow all company and government regulations
- Ensures all equipment is assembled (if required) after cleaning is completed
- Perform chemical testing to ensure compliance
- Communicate all deviations to Sanitation Supervisor
- Listen to and follow the instructions of supervisors/management
- Report to supervisor if he/she sees any situation that presents a threat to food safety or quality
- Attend all company provided training sessions to ensure knowledge is up to date with industry and company standards so that all aspects of the job can be performed safely and reliably
- Follow Chemical Control and ensure proper procedures are in place and followed during sanitation shift
- Ensure no equipment is damaged by using low pressure and covering all water sensitive equipment/ electrical or control panels
- Other duties as may be required
- Must be very flexible, be a team player, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have excellent work ethics and attendance record
- Knowledge of WHMIS will be required, training provided
- Good understanding of Sanitation Procedures
- Knowledge of verification and validation of SSOPs
- Trained in Company HACCP, WHMIS, GMPs and SQF requirements
- Must have good command of the English language; written and spoken
- Must be willing and able to work safely
- Afternoon Shift Position 3 pm start
- Dayshift Positions 6:30 am start