PBI - Printing By Innovation Inc.
We are seeking a full time Bindery Helper (General Labourer) with a drive for excellent in quality and further complemented with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment. The Bindery Helper will be a dedicated team player who is able to work independently as well. Individuals must be able to assist the experienced Bindery Operators as well as have the ability to handle numerous and varied tasks simultaneous to produce on-time commercial print products that meet our high standards. The Bindery Helper will be detailed oriented and have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Under the direction of the Production Manager and Bindery Team Lead, the Bindery Helper is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in support of the printing and finishing operations
- Provides assistance to the operators in the performance of their work on varied bindery equipment
- Interpret docket information, instructions, layouts, etc
- Adhere to production schedules by organizing, planning and prioritizing work
- Packs skids for shipping, hand folds, glues, hand binding, hand assembly, collating, etc.
- Use rubber bands to bundle items, paper, folders, etc
- Assist in cleaning the work areas
- Monitors product quality by applying and adhering to company quality control standards/check
- Ensures all company procedures are followed
- Maintains a safe work environment, performs safety inspections on equipment
- Assists in the general upkeep and maintenance of Bindery Equipment
- This position also requires the ability to work overtime when needed
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
- Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
- Keen attention to detail for quality excellence
- Constant standing and/or walking for 8 hours
- Repetitive tasks, manual dexterity, and attention to detail
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud
- Occasionally squat, kneel or bend
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Safety boots are mandatory
PBI is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. PBI is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. PBI will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health & Safety Policies and Practices for this position in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.