PBI-Printing by Innovation Inc.
PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing and progressive Commercial Print & Packaging Companies providing the best customer service, quality and value.
We are a top tier full-service printing company with state-of-the-art production equipment and fulfillment services. We believe that managing our processes under one roof helps to improve our overall execution and commitment to the “Customer Experience”. We are committed to “going the extra mile” ……always.
This position offers part and full time hours.
The full-time position is Monday to Friday – 8am to 4pm.
The part-time position is on-call when required. (Monday to Friday and the shift would be an 8-hour shift)
We are seeking a GENERAL LABOURER who has a drive for quality excellence and has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The qualified General Labourer will be a dedicated team player who can also work independently. Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to handle numerous and varied tasks simultaneously.
- Under the direction of the Production Manager and Bindery Team Lead, the General Labourer is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in support of the printing and finishing operations
- Provides assistance to the operators on varied bindery equipment; assists in setting up and operating production machinery
- Assist in troubleshooting mechanical issues
- Interpret docket information, instructions, layouts, etc.
- Adhere to production schedules by organizing, planning and prioritizing work
- Packs skids for shipping, hand folds, glues, hand binding, hand assembly, collating, etc.
- Monitors product quality by applying and adhering to company quality control standards/checks
- Maintains a safe work environment, performs safety inspections on equipment
- Assists in the general upkeep and maintenance of Bindery Equipment
Qualifications, Requirements & Physical Demands:
- Hands on mechanical aptitude; ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues;
- Experience working with manufacturing equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
- Keen attention to detail for quality excellence
- Constant standing, walking, bending for up to 8 hours
- Repetitive tasks, manual dexterity
- Lift ,carry, push and pull items up to 40 pounds
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Safety boots are mandatory
- Willingness to work overtime, occasionally on short notice
At PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc., we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the hiring process. Please let us know in advance if you require any accommodations. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.