This position is responsible for the maintenance and up-keep at Phelps Homes head office, rental properties and other properties owned by Phelps.
The successful candidate MUST have their own tools and be fully capable of making repairs of all kinds; a “jack of all trades”.
Provide routine maintenance and repairs to corporate and rental properties including but not limited to:
- Removal of debris
- Cutting of all grass on properties and collection / removal of clippings
- Weeding of gardens and grass land on all properties
- Collection and removal of leaves off all roofs throughout fall months, utilizing a ladder
- Checking and replacing of perimeter's security lights, and all indoor and outdoor lighting
- Replacing all furnace filters located in basements and server room at beginning of spring and fall months
- Repairing holes in office parking lot during warmer months with asphalt
- Minor Plumbing and / or miscellaneous repairs to all washrooms
- Minor drywall repairs and painting as needed
- Up keep and maintenance of all equipment and tools utilized
- Working with A/C and coordinate licensed trades as required on rentals
- Thorough knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Knowledge and usage of lawn mowers, grass trimmers, tree / bush trimmers, leaf blowers and basic tools
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Ability to withstand drastic climate changes
- Ability to safely perform heaving lifting, climbing of ladders and constant mobility
Phelps Homes welcomes and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.