Plantech Control Systems Inc.
For over 40 years, Plantech Control Systems Inc. has been a leader in the area of greenhouse electrical systems, controls and automation. We are the successful dealer for North America of several companies from the Netherlands, specialized in greenhouse automation technology and turn-key solutions for the grading and packing of fresh fruit and vegetables.
We are currently seeking and have an immediate opening for a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of:
Representative Business Development & Technical Sales
In this relationship-based sales role you will report to the General Manager and will assist in maintaining commitments as we expand our business. As a member of the Sales Team, you will bring in new business and develop repeat business relationships within our existing accounts, and you will manage the process from sales order to installation and ensure customer satisfaction.
If you have a background in technical sales, are very well-organized and a ‘people’s person’, we would like to come in contact with you!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Prospect for new customers, set appointments and demonstrate product benefits
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with customers to identify their business goals and come up with solutions specific to their operation
- Anticipate client direction and objectives
- Manage a robust sales territory
- Be a successful liaison between suppliers and customers
- Maintain cooperative and productive team relationships
- Attend training and sales meetings as required
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following qualifications:
- A college diploma in mechanical engineering technology, automation, or business
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a sales role in a relevant industry, ideally the greenhouse sector
- Have mechanical aptitude and have experience in technical sales
- Comfortable working with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other software applications such as Zoom and MS Teams, and preferably with AutoCAD and project management software or willing to learn
- Have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication, and time management skills
- Be sales and service oriented
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Have superb organizational skills
- Have a drive to prospect for new clients and win them over
- Have excellent focus on delivery process from moment of order to installation
- Possess analytical and problem-solving capability
- Self motivated and the ability to work independently
- Willing to travel (25% of FTE)
- Working knowledge of French will be considered an asset
- Technical knowledge and understanding of complex systems are a bonus
You will be part of a stable and established company with consistently strong performance and growth. We encourage you to contribute fresh new ideas.
- A competitive salary with growth potential
- Health, and dental coverage, RRSP with company contribution
- Paid vacation days
- Personalized training and development program
- Company vehicle
- Career advancement opportunities
We invite you to apply with your resume and cover letter.