Cylindrical Grinder – #6539 – L
Precision Surface Technologies Inc
Precision Surface Technologies is a local company selling specialized coatings including hard chrome plating, hardening and grinding to an international market.
Precision Surface Technologies specializes in the manufacturing of rolls for industry including chrome plating, heat transfers, mirror polished and hardened rolls. We are currently seeking a hardworking individual to assist in a variety of tasks to assist the production team and will eventually be able to work independently.
We are currently looking to hire someone who is willing to learn and grow as Cylindrical Grinder. Experience working with a Grinder or as a Machinist an asset.
- Load work pieces into grinding machines, then perform specific grinding operations
- Compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjust tools to produce specified cuts
- Inspect and measure workpieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications
- Prepare items to be chrome plated, including sandblasting, taping and measuring sizes
- Work with small and large parts including chrome rolls
- Department recording functions - charts, temperatures etc
- Follow instructions and work orders, learn skills including understanding simple production drawings and sketches
- Other duties as required and assigned by Management
- Strong desire to work hard and learn
- Attention to details
- Able to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
- Experience as a Machinist an asset
- High school diploma or equivalency
After successful completion of a 3 month probationary period, Precision Surface Technologies offers a generous benefits package including a voluntary RRSP program that is matched for up to 50% of the employee's yearly contribution.