Premier Kosher Inc.
Premier Kosher Inc. in Abingdon is now fully operational. They are currently looking for Live Hang/Receivers to start immediately. The Live Hang/Receiver works in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment. They are responsible for the loading and unloading of crates as well as the receiving and hanging of live chickens. This person has direct impact on the efficiency of our operation and contributes daily to the quality of our products.
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health and safety standards
- Receiving, handling and hanging of live chickens according to humane animal welfare standards
- Works in receiving bay to unload crates from trucks and reloads empty crates on to trucks after they have been cleaned and sanitized
- Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Other responsibilities as required
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive lifting and hanging
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift for extended periods of time
- Able to handle and work with livestock
- Ability to move/lift crates up to 25kgs (50lb)
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Previous poultry/live hanging experience an asset
- Ability to wear all personal protective equipment (PPE) and hygiene equipment, including but not limited to steel mesh guards, bump cap/hard hat, steel-toed footwear, hearing protection, smock, and gloves
- Able to work in various season temperatures
Premier Kosher Inc. is located in Caistor Centre, which is not accessible by public transit.