Province Brands of Canada is an early-stage, Grimsby-based, premium adult beverage company founded by veteran entrepreneurs with extensive experience in the premium alcohol and legal medical and recreational cannabis industries.
Province Brands of Canada is a beverage technology company. The company’s IP platform has applications across the alcohol industry, the cannabis industry and the functional beverage industry. Beverages brewed using this technology are low calorie, gluten free and rich in plant phenols, plant sterols, and xylo-oligomers and other desirable compounds. Alcohol-free variants represent a substantial disruption to the sports / nutrition functional beverage market.
Our mission is to transform the way people think about adult beverages. We believe in changing the world for the better by using more sustainable methods for our beverage production and in providing new choices for consumers.
Our Business Development and Fundraising Manager will support the CEO and upper management in fundraising efforts. This is an investor-related sales / marketing job where we are looking for someone to help us raise capital. This will involve a lot of emailing and direct phone contact with prospective investors.
- Following up with prospective investors by phone, text and email
- Keeping track of investor contact and marketing history
- Prospecting target investors and helping to expand our investor network
- Managing booth participation and networking at industry conferences and investor events
- Working with potential investors through the on-boarding process and legal paperwork
- Managing ongoing relationship development with existing and potential investors
- 4+ years experience in a direct sales or fundraising role. Must have a strong history of fundraising or sales success.
- Must be good with meeting new people and comfortable in a sales-type role which requires a lot of outreach and cold calling
- Must be a phenomenal writer capable of drafting succinct but informational emails and texts
- Must be extraordinarily attentive to detail
- An understanding of startups and investors and how venture capital works
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Financial modeling and exceptional excel skills are plus
- Experience as a financial advisor selling investments is a huge plus
- Experience working at or with an investment bank is a big plus
- Ideal candidate will already have relationships with potential investors
- University Degree
TEAM KEY COMPETENCIES
- Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
- Self-starter. Is resourceful when facing challenges.
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Attention to detail.
- Organized, methodical, and meticulous.
- Acts without being told what to do.
- Brings new ideas to the company.
- Team-oriented style and strong work ethic.
- Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done and setting an example for the team.
- Has a track record of delivering on ambitious goals.
- Appropriate balance of confidence and humility.
Remote work is an option.