Are you looking to grow your career as a Mechanic or Technician? Do you dream of a great career and job-security with a well- established company? Come Join Our Team as an Entry Level Technician. Under the direction of the Branch Manager, the Entry Level Technician repairs, services and maintains engine driven Welders and Generators and ensures a safe working environment.
What equipment will you be repairing and working on?
This would include, but not be limited to:
- MIG, TIG, and STICK Welders
- Diesel & Natural Gas Generators
- Wire Feeders
- Welding Positioners
- And other Welding related equipment!
- Ensures a safe work environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc’s health and safety guidelines
- Repairs, refurbishes, and conducts preventative maintenance on all Electric and Engine Drives
- Assembles electric, diesel, gas, and propane equipment for rental
- Tests and calibrates machines to see if they are functional for rent or sale
- Operates a forklift, pallet jack or other necessary equipment to stock required parts in the shop
- Prepares and completes paperwork for all machine repairs
- Occasionally required to service equipment and customers off-site
- Assists with parts and equipment inventories, as well as rental agreement paperwork
- Arranges freight and transportation
- Safe delivery of customer equipment requirements as per shipping documentation
- Maintains communication with all branch personnel
- Ability to read and understand electrical wiring diagrams and schematics
- 1+ years of experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment
- 1+ years of experience troubleshooting and repairing Diesel/Natural Gas engines
- One year Technical College or equivalent
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
- Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone
Red-D-Arc Welderentals™ an Airgas company rents and leases welders, welding positioners, welding- related equipment, and electric power generators - anywhere in the world. Our rental welders, positioners and specialty products have been engineered and built to provide Extreme-Duty™ performance and reliability in even the harshest environments, and are available through over 70 Red-D-Arc Service Centers, strategically located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Germany, and the UAE, as well as through strategic alliances in the Middle East, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Australia, the Caribbean, and Colombia.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selections process. Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.