Riverview Poultry Ltd.
Riverview Poultry Limited, a leader in the poultry industry, currently has openings for General Labour plant processing positions. Positions are full time day shift, typically Monday through Thursday with the possibility of daily overtime.
- Receive, handle and hang live chickens according to humane animal welfare standards
- Work on the production floor to unload crates from trucks and reload empty crates on to trucks after they have been cleaned and sanitized
- Safe operation of production machinery and equipment
- Practice of safe food handling while working at each task to comply with food safety legislation
- Adhere to Safety Policies, uses proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment; rotation every 12-15 minutes
- Maintain productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Contribute to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Must be able to do manual labour and lifting (repetitive sorting, moving and lifting of crates, birds weighing up to 70lbs.)
- Must be able to work with livestock, in hot/cold environments and be able to stand for long periods of time
- Strict attention to detail and ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Quick learner, self-motivated, and results oriented
- Previous experience in poultry/live receive experience is an asset
- Must be able to work with team members and be cross trained to multiple tasks
- Wage increase to $21.65/hour after 3 months