Riverview Poultry Ltd.
Riverview Poultry Limited was established on April 4, 1994 and is a leader in the Poultry industry. We are presently processing up to 50,000 roasters per day and are the largest roaster chicken processor in the province. Our plant is federally inspected and HAACP recognized. We have always been committed to health and safety at our workplace and to achieving the highest quality of food safety, sanitation and production with exceptional service for employees and customers.
As part of the production team, this position will involve working a rotation of various jobs on the line which include hanging, inspection of chickens, packing chickens and repetitive movements, plus preparing product for shipping.
- Handling, sorting and packing of birds in boxes, each weighing 6lb.
- Use of hand and eye coordination while working throughout numerous jobs in the packing line
- Accurate packing and preparation of customer orders
- Working on the packing line which includes weighing, dumping, mixing and shoveling motions
- Practice of safe food handling while working at each task to comply with food safety legislation
- Safe operation of production machinery and equipment
- Adhere to Safety Policies, uses proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment
- Must be able to work with team members and be cross trained to multiple tasks
- Strict attention to detail with the ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Quick learner, self-motivated and able to work independently and results orientated
- Must be able to do manual labour and lifting (repetitive sorting, moving and lifting of boxes up to 60lbs.)
- Must be able to work with raw meat, in warm/cool environments and be able to stand for long periods of time
- Previous experience in production or manufacturing is a preferred asset
- Positions are full time day shift, typically Monday through Friday with possibility of daily overtime
- This position includes benefits coverage after 3 months
- Wage increase to $18.65/hour after 3 months
- RRSP Plan available to employees