Live Receive / General Labour – #7921- L
Riverview Poultry Ltd.
Riverview Poultry Limited was established on April 4, 1994 and is a leader in the Poultry Industry. We are presently processing up to 50,000 roasters per day and are the largest roaster chicken processor in the province.
Our plant is federally inspected and HAACP recognized. We have always been committed to health and safety at our workplace and to achieving the highest quality of food safety, sanitation and production with exceptional service for employees and customers.
As part of the Live Receive Team, this position will involve working a rotation of various jobs on the line which include receiving and hanging chickens; loading and unloading of crates and working a variety of rotational positions.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Receiving, handling and hanging of live chickens according to humane animal welfare standards
- Works on the production floor to unload crates from trucks and reload empty crates on to trucks after they have been cleaned and sanitized
- Safe operation of production machinery and equipment
- Practice of safe food handling while working at each task to comply with food safety legislation
- Adheres to safety policies, uses proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
Eligible candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Must be able to do manual labour and lifting (repetitive sorting, moving and lifting of crates, birds weighing up to 80lbs
- Must be able to work with livestock, in hot/cold environments and be able to stand for long periods of time
- Strict attention to detail and ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Quick learner, self-motivated, and results oriented
- Previous experience in poultry/live receive experience is an asset
- Must be able to work with team members and be cross trained to multiple tasks
Salary and Benefit Information:
- Rate: $22.62/hour and a wage increase to $26.15/hour after 3 months
- Positions are full time day shift, typically Monday through Friday with possibility of daily overtime
- This position includes benefits coverage after 3 months
Riverview Poultry Ltd values diversity in our workforce, as well as in our suppliers and others. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Riverview Poultry Ltd welcomes and encourages applications from everyone. Accommodations may available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you would like to request a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise the Recruiter or Human Resources Associate when you are selected to participate in the recruitment process.