Robert Land Academy
A unique opportunity to work in an all-boys military-themed boarding school, preparing nutritious, daily meals for approximately 100 boys as well as staff. Located in West Lincoln, Ontario, a short drive from Hamilton, Niagara, and Haldimand, Robert Land Academy provides opportunity to grow and advance within the mess hall team.
Robert Land Academy (RLA) is a highly structured boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978. We welcome those applicants who wish to bring their skills and experience to this dynamic environment.
- Works cooperatively as part of a team, and is always respectful of other staff, clients, and stakeholders
- Ensures the quality of food is outstanding each and every time and items are produced quickly and efficiently with pride and attention to detail
- Ensures that sufficient product is prepared and is kept ready for service
- Records meal, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher temperatures
- Employs sanitary practices in meal production and kitchen clean-up
- Keeps the work area, utensils, and production equipment in a clean, sanitized state
- Remains thoroughly familiar with the causes of food poisoning and the methods of its prevention
- Controls waste and spoilage
- Assists all team members whenever needed
- Performs all opening and closing assignments as instructed
- Adheres to the cleaning schedules that are assigned
- Performs additional duties as required by the Chef/Kitchen Manager
- Demonstrates professionalism both on and off duty
- Performs functions consistent with Workplace Health and Safety Guidelines
Applicants must provide a satisfactory police clearance certificate, and be available to work assigned shifts (including weekends).
Preference will be given to those holding:
- Certified chef papers or related experience
- Safe Food Handling Certificate