Youth Worker/Residence Supervisor – #7037 – S
Robert Land Academy
A unique opportunity to make a positive impact on young men working with youth in an all-boys military-themed boarding school located in West Lincoln, Ontario, a short drive from Hamilton, Niagara, and Haldimand.
Robert Land Academy (RLA) is a highly structured boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978.
The Youth Worker / Residence Supervisor is responsible for supporting the physical and emotional needs of the students in accordance with policies, procedures and RLA values by counselling, monitoring, evaluating, and ensuring controls. In this role, you will hold the Academy rank of Staff Sergeant and wear the Academy (military-style) uniform.
Opportunities are available for full-time, part-time, and casual roles.
- Supervision of students in an all-male dormitory
- Administer medications and first aid
- Transport students to appointments
- Assist with day-to-day programming, supervision of study halls and other activities
- Report writing
Applicants must possess a valid Class G driver's license, provide a satisfactory police clearance certificate, and be available to work overnight shifts between 8 and 12 hours (including weekends and some holidays) with opportunities to move to day shifts. The successful applicant must be willing to wear the Academy uniform to the set standard, as well as to maintain standards with respect to personal grooming.
Preference will be given to those holding:
- a diploma from a recognized community college or university in a related field, or relevant experience
- current St. John's Ambulance or Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification
- PMAB certification