Robert Land Academy
A unique opportunity to work in an all-boys military-themed boarding school, within the Mess Hall where staff prepare nutritious, daily meals for approximately 100 boys as well as staff. Located in West Lincoln, Ontario, a short drive from Hamilton, Niagara, and Haldimand.
Robert Land Academy (RLA) is a highly structured boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978. We welcome those applicants who wish to bring their skills and experience to this dynamic environment.
The role of the Dishwasher is to provide effective cleaning of all kitchen utensils, dishware, glassware and pots, and to ensure that the kitchen area is maintained in a clean and tidy manner. Some food prep and heavy lifting are required.
- Works safely at all times
- Ensures that all dishes and cutlery are clean and sanitized
- Pre-soaks cutlery and dishes in solution and loads them into the dishwasher
- Uses proper chemicals to sanitize items
- Washes all pots, pans, inserts, etc. and cleans kitchen equipment when called upon and as per cleaning schedule
- Puts dishes back in proper places throughout the kitchen and server areas
- Keeps the kitchen area floors swept, cleaned and washed at all times
- Assists with prep work under direction and supervision of qualified cook
- Cleans and organizes all related work equipment and areas
- Assist in other duties as directed by the shift supervisor or manager
- Previous experience in a customer service environment preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be a team player who works well with others
- Good organizational skills
- Must arrange your own transportation
- Applicants must provide satisfactory police clearance certificate, and be available to work assigned shifts (including weekends)
- Preference will be given to those with Safe Food Handling Certificate