Robert Land Academy
A unique opportunity to work in an all-boys military-themed boarding school, preparing nutritious, daily meals for approximately 100 boys as well as staff. Located in West Lincoln, Ontario, a short drive from Hamilton, Niagara, and Haldimand, Robert Land Academy provides opportunity to grow and advance within the mess hall team.
Robert Land Academy (RLA) is a highly structured boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978. We welcome those applicants who wish to bring their skills and experience to this dynamic environment.
- Works cooperatively as part of a team, and is always respectful of other staff, clients, and stakeholders
- Ensures the quality of food is outstanding each and every time and items are produced quickly and efficiently with pride and attention to detail
- Ensures that sufficient product is prepared and is kept ready for service
- Records meal, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher temperatures
- Employs sanitary practices in meal production and kitchen clean-up
- Keeps the work area, utensils, and production equipment in a clean, sanitized state
- Remains thoroughly familiar with the causes of food poisoning and the methods of its prevention
- Controls waste and spoilage
- Assists all team members whenever needed
- Performs all opening and closing assignments as instructed
- Adheres to the cleaning schedules that are assigned
- Performs additional duties as required by the Chef/Kitchen Manager
- Demonstrates professionalism both on and off duty
- Performs functions consistent with Workplace Health and Safety Guidelines
Applicants must provide a satisfactory police clearance certificate, and be available to work assigned shifts (including weekends).
Preference will be given to those holding:
- Certified chef papers or related experience
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
To keep both students and staff safe, RLA has strict COVID 19 protocols in place to allow for social distancing during meal service, including staggered meal services. Visit www.rla.ca for information on COVID 19 protocols and outbreaks.