Robert Land Academy
A unique opportunity to work in an all-boys military-themed boarding school located in West Lincoln, Ontario, a short drive from Hamilton, Niagara, and Haldimand.
Robert Land Academy (RLA) is a highly structured not-for-profit boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978.
In this role, staff are required to perform a variety of duties which may include:
- Tutoring students
- Classroom coverage
- Providing academic instruction
- Supervising study halls
- Supervising students during meals
- Supervising students in an all-male dormitory
- Administering first aid
- Transporting students to appointments
- Providing security
- Assisting with day-to-day programming
- Report writing
As with all roles at the Academy, you are responsible for supporting the physical and emotional needs of the students in accordance with policies and procedures, applicable legal statutes, and RLA values by counseling, monitoring, evaluating, and ensuring controls. In this role, you will hold the Academy rank of Staff Sergeant and must be willing to wear the Academy (military-style) uniform and maintain standards with respect to personal grooming.
- Hold a university degree in a related field
- Provide proof of relevant teaching experience
- Membership in the Ontario College of Teachers or an equivalent teaching degree is an asset, however it is not mandatory for applying to this position
- Work as a positive influence within in a team environment
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and students
- Have excellent oral and writing communication and presentation skills
- Be capable of fulfilling the physical requirements of the position
Applicants must possess a valid Class G driver's licence and be agreeable to provide a driver’s abstract and a satisfactory police clearance certificate with vulnerable sector screening. The applicant must also be willing to work unconventional hours including evenings and weekends on a rotating shift. Preference will be given to those holding current St. John Ambulance or Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certification, as well as training/certification in PMAB (Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behaviour).
Full time / part time / casual hours available. Please include availability when applying.