Rose Cottage Visiting Volunteers
Looking to make a difference in the lives of clients in West Niagara? A local Beamsville organization is currently seeking a Manager of Client Services to join their team. Consideration to work 20% remotely at the discretion of the Executive Director. Evening or weekend work may be required from time to time depending on operational needs.
- Recruitment, Training, management and support for all volunteers.
- Initial intake of new client referrals; work with Program and Education Manager or designate to assess client needs and home environment
- Volunteer matching with clients, in conjunction with other team members as appropriate.
- Ongoing follow up and review of all volunteers to ensure quality of service is of the highest caliber.
- Provide statistical reports as required for the Executive Director.
- Present to the public on the organization’s programs as required.
- Lead the Legacy program by training of Legacy volunteers, and supporting the Legacy process.
- Community College Volunteer Management Certificate or equivalent; a minimum of 3 years’ experience in volunteer management, or a combination of education and experience that is commiserate with the position.
- Palliative Care knowledge and experience considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated professional behaviour that promotes team cohesion.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence (EI), compassion, and ability to self-regulate.
- Ability to carry out public speaking to community and volunteer groups as required in the role.
- Strong computer skills including fluency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficient computer skills to learn the specifics of the volunteer database; to be able to collect, track, document and analyze data with the Executive Director.
- Demonstrate excellent management and organizational skills in documentation and records management.
- Must be willing to enroll and complete Hospice Palliative Care Ontario training program (online).
- Possess their own car to attend client assessments and other business of the organization on demand; submit a monthly mileage report for reimbursement.
Please apply with cover letter, resume and a minimum of three references.