Arborist Apprentice/Grounds person – #4851 – L
Looking for a new opportunity? We are now hiring!
Safe Tree is Niagara’s trusted source for complete tree care, serving residential, commercial, municipal, utility and community properties to ensure the health of the canopy in our own backyard for generations to come. From trimming and pruning to responsible removal, pest control and preservation, our certified arborists take pride in delivering the best service and solutions for our Customers property.
There is no limit to the heights we will go to leave their land in exceptional shape, and to leave them with lasting peace of mind. We take pride in caring for our Customers property and tree care with our team of expert Arborists.
Do you align with our core values?
3. CONSCIENTIOUS EXPERTISE
If you answered yes, then joining the Safe Tree Team might be for you!!
At Safe Tree, our core values support our vision and shape our culture. We utilize the newest tools and techniques and work each day delivering top quality work, going above and beyond, finding creative solutions to challenging work and have a passion for plant healthcare and conservation. At Safe Tree, we encourage a culture of pride, continual education for employees and customers, safe work practices, transparency and delivering on passion for tree care and conservation.
- The Arborist Apprentice/Grounds person will work on a production crew with a Lead Certified Arborist
- The person will support the crew from the ground to perform tree care and removals
- This individual is a key member of the crew team and is relied upon to complete projects safely and efficiently
- The successful candidate is a reliable, hardworking, analytical thinker who can perform physically demanding work in a all types of weather conditions
- We are looking for an extremely keen and safety conscious person to fill this position who has a passion and interest in the Arboriculture Industry and wants to learn more! This is an entry level role with an opportunity for growth and advancement
- Work hours are approximately Monday to Friday 6:30 am to 3:30 pm in the summer and 7:00 am to 4:00 pm in the winter (work hours my vary due to weather, etc.) 40-44 hours/week (depending on weather and season)
- Overtime hours (beyond 44/week) are likely, but not definite, during spring and summer months
- Able to arrive on time with a professional appearance, positive attitude, eagerness to work, fit for duty and fully equipped
- Capable of performing physically demanding manual labour in a variety of weather conditions
- Able to carry out all duties safely and efficiently while following the Company safety procedures and policies
- Provides innovative and thought-out solutions to issues in the workplace to increase customer loyalty and employee engagement
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients, co-workers, and management
- Actively participates in meetings, tailboards, safety talks and provides valued input into constructive change
- Able to help create and maintain a positive and productive team environment and culture
- Capable of taking direction and feedback from crew leaders and management
- Able to perform ground support operations such as, but not limited to, rigging, cutting, brush management and chipping, site clean up, leaving site as it was when you arrived
- Able to perform rigging techniques to lower wood materials from heights
- Ensures end of day tasks are completed, (vehicles cleaned, washed, plugged in, equipment inspected, saws sharpened)
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork (timesheets, tailboard conferences, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Chainsaw training or certification an asset
- Valid provincial driver’s license. Class G licence and clean driver abstract
- Willingness to work towards becoming a certified Arborist
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress
- First Aid/CPR considered an asset
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations considered an asset
- Apprenticeship registration opportunity
- Work for a company that is well connected, follows high industry standards, and encourages and prioritizes continuous learning to ensure our employees become the best of the best in their profession
- Mentorship from Certified Arborists and Utility Arborists
- Competitive wages for the Niagara Region
- Health benefits package (after probationary period)
- Annual bonus plan (after probationary period)
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Supply of PPE, chainsaw pants and company apparel
- Equipment and boot allowance (after probationary period)
- Staff teambuilding activities throughout the year
Let us help you reach your dreams – the sky is the limit here at Safe Tree Ltd.
Think you would be a great fit?
Let us know why Safe Tree Ltd. is a great fit for you! Please submit an up-to-date cover letter and resume.