Seniors for Seniors
Seniors for Seniors (a division of Spectrum Health Care) is a non-medical home-care agency proudly serving seniors for over 30 years. Part-time, casual employment is available for retired individuals to provide companionship to seniors.
If you are a mature adult and looking for part-time casual employment, being a Companion might be the role for you. If you enjoy helping seniors and are passionate about care-giving please email us your resume.
- Provides socialization, conversation and emotion reassurance to the client
- Encourages and participates in reading, games, and other activities to promote well-being and stimulate the mind and the spirit
- Performs light housekeeping duties including vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms, and kitchen
- Assists client with household tasks and mobility, if necessary
- Provides companionship to the client in their home
- Listens, observes, and communicates any concerns/changes in the client’s physical and/or emotional condition immediately to the Branch Manager and Client Care Coordinator
- Regularly assesses the Client’s surroundings to ensure that clients have a safe home environment (i.e., recognize fall risks, hoarding) and reporting concerns to the Branch Manager or Client Care Coordinator
- Assists and/or provides general exercises/activities to maintain mobility and independence as directed by the client, their family or the Client Care Coordinator at the request of the family
- Potential light meal preparation with clean-up
- Performs errands related to client requests
- Launders client clothes and bedding and assist in keeping personal space clean and tidy or in private setting
- Adheres to the safe work/risk management policies and practices of Seniors for Seniors
- Works within the Ethical Practice Framework of Seniors for Seniors
- Understands the range of services provided by each division of the Spectrum family and how it contributes to our model of Total Client Care
- Continually assess, anticipate, identify and respond to new and changing needs of clients and communicates available Total Client Care resources to clients when appropriate
- Prior caregiving experience is an asset
- Must be retired or of retirement age
- Warm, compassionate individuals
- Flexible and able to converse with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to speak other languages an asset
- Valid police vulnerable check
We thank all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that successful applicants will require a current TB testing and current Police Reference Check suitable for working with the vulnerable sector prior to commencing employment.
Seniors for Seniors, a division of Spectrum Health Care is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.