Dietary Aide -#5772 -S
Shalom Manor & Gardens
Shalom Manor & Shalom Gardens is a non-profit organization focused on providing a continuum of excellent holistic care for our aging Reformed Christian Dutch-Canadian community through long term care and retirement living.
Week 1: 10AM- 2:30PM on Tues, Sat, Sun
Week 2: 3:30PM- 7:30PM on Mon, Wed, Thurs
Week 3: 10AM- 2:30PM on Mon, Tues, Sat, Sun
Week 4: 3:30PM- 7:30PM on Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs
Average of about 15 hours per week
The Dietary Aide is accountable for the preparation, service and clean up of food items for meal and snack service at Shalom Manor and Gardens, in accordance with applicable legislation and regulations, corporate policies and procedures and the collective agreement.
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Safe Food Handler's Certificate from Public Health (Ministry of Health mandated)
- Food Service Worker's certificate (from a community college) or working toward it (Ministry of Health mandated)
- Minimum 2 years experience in food services
- Working knowledge of WHMIS and HACCP procedures
- Experience working in a long term care setting
- Ability to work in fast paced, changing department
- Ability to communicate in the Dutch language would be an asset
- Adaptable, flexible, motivated to be a team player
Shalom Manor and Gardens welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.