Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams.
We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Manufacturing Operating Technician is responsible for the timely and safe manufacturing of powder coating products that meet the customers’ needs. The incumbent is expected to contribute to solutions of problems relating to products and processes.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Weigh up of raw materials following established procedures
- Able to operate forklift truck and pallet jacks
- Capable of properly setting-up, adjusting, monitoring, operating, and cleaning all automatic and semi-automatic equipment in an efficient and safe manner
- Knows and willingly practices all safety rules and procedures including the wearing of appropriate safety apparel
- Willingly participates in the safety program
- Keeps tools, equipment, and work areas neat and orderly
- Follows all standard operating procedures and exercises good judgment and initiative
- Able to accomplish assigned work with little supervision
- Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation (including on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Must have own reliable vehicle as no public transit available
- Work Schedule – Two (2) – 12 Hour Continental Rotating Shift Schedule
Day Shift 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Night Shift 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM)
- Must be able to Lift 55 Lbs. consistently
- Must be able to wear a Respirator (no facial hair)
- Must be able to Read, Write, Comprehend and Communicate Effectively in English
- Must be at least 18 Years of Age
- Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
- Must have access to own reliable transportation
- One year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment
- Experience operating packaging equipment such as robotics, filling machines, case packers, labelers, etc.
- Experience blending and making a product in a batch process
- Experience monitoring quality of raw materials or finished goods
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.